|Conference Dates:||1-3 June 2021|
|Submission of Abstracts:||10 January – 15 October 2020|
|Notification of Abstract Acceptance:||15 December 2020|
|Submission of Full Papers:||15 January 2021|
|Notification of Full Paper Acceptance:||15 March 2021|
|Registration Opens:||10 February 2020|
|Early Bird Registration Closes:||31 January 2021|
|Last Date of Registration for Presenters:||15 April 2021|
- Opening minds for a sustainable future: Re-orienting ODL to surmount challenges
Promoting sustainable development through lifelong learning
Increasing access and flexibility, improving quality, enhancing equity, reorienting curricula, facilitating economic growth, social development and environmental protection
Innovations in ODL through smart technologies
e-learning, m- learning, u-learning, digital library, remote access to e-resources, learner- teacher interaction, integration of social media and online evaluation
Open knowledge movement - Implications for ODL
Open Educational Resources (OER), Open Educational Practices (OEP), MOOCs, Open Data, Social Media and Learning Communities
Learner engagement and motivation in ODL- Challenges and possibilities
Enhanced retention, increased completion rates, facilitating collaborative learning, redefining role of face-to-face components, harnessing influence of significant others, reorienting learner support
Best practices in ODL for Education for Sustainable Development
Quality assurance, learner support services, ICT integration, policies and procedures, capacity and capability development, innovative learning design and creative teaching practices
Learning analytics in ODL: Potential and challenges
As a tool for quality assurance, quality improvement, improving learner support and increasing retention rates, innovative technologies and ethical issues in the use of learning analytics
- Paper presentations should be based on research findings, best practices, innovations or research work in progress.
- Digital Poster Presentations provide an alternative for authors to share and present brief summaries of research work.
- Posters are intended to be self-explanatory and will be on display during the conference.
- Presentation space for digital posters will be provided.
- Specific requirements for digital poster presentations are given here.
- Pre-submission of an abstract is a strict requirement for all papers/posters.
- Submission of a full paper is a requirement for publication in the Conference Proceedings, and for consideration for the Awards.
- Abstracts and full papers must be in English.
- All abstracts and full papers should be submitted electronically via the Easy Chair conference management system.
- Abstracts should be limited to a single paragraph, under 300 words. It should provide a clear succinct description of what the paper/poster will address and ensure that adequate information is provided to be able to assess the novelty, relevance and significance of the proposed paper/poster.
- Full papers should be between 3000 and 4000 words (excluding Title, Author details and List of References).
- The paper should be well written, and clearly structured to facilitate readability and free of spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Please make sure your abstracts and full papers meet the following requirements:
- The document must be saved in Microsoft Word (doc/docx/rtf)
- Use the font Times New Roman, 11pt, in single-spaced format, with left and right margins, 2.5cm from the respective edges, and A4 paper size
- The title must appear at the top of the first page (12pt Bold)
- The author’s (or authors’) name(s) must not be shown (for the purposes of blind review)
- Follow 3 levels of headings, where applicable (12pt-Bold; 11pt-Bold; 11pt-Italics-Bold)
- Your paper must not contain third-party copyrighted content without permission
- Referencing should be in accordance with the APA style (Version 6)
You can download a PDF version of the following Presentation Guides for each presentation type:
- To start the submission process, CLICK HERE.
- Log in to Easy Chair using your UserID and Password
- Navigate to ‘AAOU2020’ Conference through the Easy Chair Main Menu>My Conferences.
- Click on the link to ‘Enter as an author’.
- Kindly follow the instructions to submit your abstract/paper.
Note: While submitting an abstract/paper, the author/s should acknowledge that it has not been presented/accepted for presentation/published before and is not currently under review for presentation/publication elsewhere.
Please note that you will need to provide the following information during the submission process:
- Names, academic titles, and affiliation of all authors
- Corresponding author/s and email address/es
- Conference track/sub-theme (select from the list)
- Type of presentation requested (select from the list)
- Title of the paper
- Abstract (300 words)
- At least three keywords
Please Note:When you submit your abstract/full paper, you will receive an automated confirmation email. If you do not get this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All abstracts/full papers submitted for presentation will be subjected to a blind peer review process undertaken by an international panel of experienced educators and researchers in the area.
- Abstract/full paper submissions will be reviewed against a set of criteria outlined below and feedback will be provided on the quality of the paper.
- The corresponding author/s registered in the Easy Chair system will be notified the results of the review.
- Reviewers may make recommendations for improvement of a submission that has received preliminary acceptance, subject to minor/major revisions.
- These recommendations must be adequately addressed by the author/s to ensure final acceptance.
Review CriteriaAbstracts/full papers will be reviewed against the following criteria (where applicable):
Clarity and Coherence –
The submission is complete, clear and well-organized; presented with a logical flow; is developed in consistence with the requirement of the call.
Research Methodology –
Demonstrates sound research principles; clear presentation of the research problem, research design, sampling, data collection, data analysis, findings and conclusions.
The submission explores a novel idea, project or issue; discusses existing research with new insights, presents innovative ways of considering existing information.
The submission is related to the selected sub-theme; contributes to research and/or effective practices in the field; includes implications to consider for future practices.
The submission uses an acceptable standard of English; includes complete and adequate referencing in accordance with the APA style; adheres to the formatting requirements
- There will be no print publication of abstracts/full papers, but all accepted abstracts/full papers will be published electronically through Online Conference Proceedings.
- At least one of the authors must be a registered participant of the Conference.
- If conference registration fees are not paid by the last date of registration, the abstract/full paper will not be published in the Conference Proceedings.